If you purchased your Liquid Mix prior to the release of the Windows software and drivers, your installer DVD contains only the
Mac installer. If this is the case, you will need to download both the software web installer and emulations installer from the download pages below:
Liquid Mix 16
Liquid Mix HD
If you require the 192kHz sample rate emulations you can request a Liquid Mix DVD from your distributor. To find a distributor near you, click here.
Please follow the instructions below to complete installation of the software and emulation files.
Double click the web installer to run it. You can customize your installation options, as shown below.
If you are a Digidesign Pro Tools user and would like to install the RTAS plugins, make sure to select the 'RTAS Plugins' checkbox from the list of installation options.
NOTE: The 'Liquid Mix software' install option appears greyed out. This is because it is a required installation option, and cannot be deselected.
- The installer detects the path to your VST plugins directory and sets this as the default location to install the Liquid Mix plugins. If you would like to install the plugins in a different location, you can change this path on the page shown below.
Continue following the onscreen instructions and click "Install" to install the Liquid Mix software. This will copy the Liquid Mix resources to your Windows (including the Emulation files). Once the files are installed, you will see the driver installation page shown below.
- When you reach the page shown above, connect the Liquid Mix hardware to your Windows firewire port using the included firewire cable.
If your firewire port is the smaller 4-pin type, you will also need to connect the Liquid Mix power supply. When Liquid Mix hardware is detected you should see the "Found New Hardware" window appear, as shown below.
Click "Next" to install the Liquid Mix driver.
Windows will now install the driver. This may take a few minutes. When driver installation
is complete, you will see the page below. Click "Finish" to finalize the driver installation
and then click "Next" on the Installer window to complete installation. If you are installing the RTAS plugins,
these will be wrapped and installed at this time.
Software installation is now complete. You will see the page below. Click "Finish" to close the window.
- To install the Liquid Mix emulations, run the emulations installer mentioned above. The installer will allow you to select which sampling rate emulations to install on your system (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz and 96kHz are available). After running this installer, the emulations will be installed on your computer. You can access the emulations directory from the Start Menu:
Start Menu >> All Programs >> Focusrite Liquid Mix >> Emulations
This is a shortcut to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LiquidMix
NOTE: The Application Data directory may be 'hidden' by default. To enable access to hidden folders, do the following:
- Within a Windows XP directory, go to the "Tools" menu and select "Folder options..."
- Click the "View" tab and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders" from the options in the list.
If you are using a non-English version of Windows XP or if you are running Windows XP on a drive other than
the C: drive, the path to the emulations will be different. For example,
if you are running the German version of Windows XP on a D: drive, it will be:
D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alle Benutzer\Anwendungsdaten\LiquidMix
Once you've installed both the Liquid Mix software and the emulations on your system, you are ready to run Liquid Mix.